Spice Up Sweet Potato Squash Soup!
Encona Creole Pork Chop with Spicy Mash
Atropical twist on a British classic. Try experimenting by using different vegetables in the spicy mash such as carrot or parsnip. Delicious!
|Preparation time||20 mins|
|Cooking time||20 mins|
- 4 large pork chops, on the bone
- 6 tbsp Encona Barbados Creole Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 100g butter
- 100ml double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
How to do it
- Marinade the pork by mixing 4 tbsp of the Encona Barbados Creole Pepper Sauce with the fresh thyme and sage and then brush all over both sides of the pork.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes and the sweet potatoes in a large pan of salted water until tender. Drain and leave to stand for 2 minutes.
- In a small microwavable bowl, heat the cream and butter and mash into the potatoes along with 2 tbsp of the Encona Barbados Creole Pepper Sauce and the chopped parsley, and cover until you are ready to serve.
- Cook the pork either on the barbecue or under the grill for 12-15 minutes, until the juices run clear, turning half way through cooking. Serve with the spicy mash. Enjoy!