Rev Up Barbecue Jerk Ribs!
Encona Hot and Fruity Caribbean Skewers
A delicious summer dish which works just as well with lamb or pork. the fresh, fruity salsa perfectly complements the spicy skewers, yet be warned, it is still fiery hot!
|Preparation time||25 mins|
|Cooking time||15 mins|
For the Kebab:
- 6 chicken thighs, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 red peppers cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and boiled for 5 minutes, cooled, and cut into 2.5cm pieces.
- 8 wooded skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes.
- 5 tbsp Encona West Indian Smooth Papaya Hot Pepper Sauce.
- 1 tbsp honey.
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
For the Fruity salsa:
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes.
- 1 papaya, cut into small cubes.
- 1/2 tbsp Encona West Indian Smooth Papaya Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp chopped, fresh coriander.
- 1/4 cucumber, peeled and cut into small cubes (not the core)
How to do it
- Pre-heat the barbecue or grill for 5 minutes on full heat.
- Thread the chicken onto the wooden skewers alternately with the sweet potato and the red peppers. Place the kebabs to one side.
- Mix the Encona West Indian Smooth Papaya Hot Pepper Sauce with the honey and coriander and brush all over the kebabs.
- Cook on the barbecue or grill for around 15 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with any remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile, to make the fruity salsa simply place all of the ingredients into a small bowl and combine.
- Serve the fruity salsa with the kebabs. Enjoy!