Encona Spicy Potato Wedges with Chilli Ketchup
Explore the taste of the Americas...
Encona Spicy Caribbean Vegetable Soup
A wholesome and comforting, hot and spicy soup. Deliciously creamy with a fresh, zingy flavour for a true taste of the tropics.
|Preparation time||25 mins|
|Cooking time||30 - 40 mins|
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 250g cooked black eye beans
- 3 celery sticks plus leaves, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 250g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 500ml vegetable stock, from concentrate
- 250ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Encona West Indian Original Hot Pepper Sauce
How to do it
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion, carrot, celery and thyme for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat until they begin to soften.
- Add the sweet potato, tinned tomatoes, coconut milk, vegetable stock and bay leaves. Bring to a steady simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes, add the black eye beans and season the soup with the Encona West Indian Original Hot Pepper Sauce. Continue cooking for a further 10 minutes and then serve. Enjoy!