Prawn n Pepper Stir Fry!
Ackee & Salted Fish Tartlets
|Preparation time||70 mins|
|Cooking time||30 mins|
185g (2 tin) Grace Saltfish, drained and flaked
540ml (1 tin) Dunnís River or Grace Ackee, drained
1 tbsp olive oil
Half a red pepper, finely diced
Half a green pepper, finely diced
1 small onion
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 large tomato, de-seeded and finely diced
2 tsp freshly chopped thyme (or a large pinch of dried)
Ĺ tsp Grace Hot Pepper Sauce
Vegetable oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
1 packet ready-rolled puff pastry sheets
1 free-range egg, beaten
How to do it
Ackee & Salt Fish
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently cook the red and green peppers, onions, spring onions, thyme and diced tomato for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
2. Stir in the Grace Saltfish, cook for a further 3 minutes.
3. Add the Dunnís River or Grace Ackee and heat through for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the Grace Hot Pepper Sauce. Allow the mixture to cool.
5. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
1. Flour a flat surface and roll out ready rolled pastry
2. Cut pastry in circles with 5mm diameters with a pastry cutter and place each on a floured baking tray. Space each circle about 2mm apart to allow the pastry to puff.
3. Beat egg and brush lightly on each circle
4. Place Ĺ teaspoon of the ackee and salt fish mix, in the middle of each circle
5. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until risen and golden-brown. Serve immediately