Beef Up Your Bolognese!
Spicy Coconut Prawns
|Preparation time||15 mins|
|Cooking time||10 mins|
- 450 grams prawns (approx 4-5 per person, peeled and deveined)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced finely
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger root
- 3 tbsps butter
- 2 tsps ground coriander
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsps white cane vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 cup (250ml) Grace coconut milk
How to do it
1. Heat butter in a heavy saucepan, add onion and garlic, stir gently until soft.
2. Mix spices and seasoning to a paste with vinegar and tomato ketchup.
3. Add mixture to the pan and fry for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Stir in Grace coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes. Add prawns and allow to cook in sauce for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer to a heated serving dish and serve immediately. hints: serving suggestion: serve hot with curried rice and a salad of your choice.