Jamaican Pimmís Ė Served with Grace Ginger Beer
Dunnís River Jerk Chicken
Liven up those taste buds with Dunnís River Jamaican Jerk Ė but go steady as a little of this fiery marinade goes a long way... good too mixed with yogurt as a barbecue marinade for white fish and meat.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1tsp Dunnís River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
How to do it
- Cut each chicken breast into 5-6 large strips or goujons. Place in a shallow dish and drizzle on the Dunnís River Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. Rub evenly over chicken strips. Cover tightly with cling film and leave to marinade in a cool place for an hour Ė or in the fridge overnight.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and stir-fry the chicken strips for 8-9 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve the Jerk chicken drizzled with the pan juices Ė accompanied with a crisp mixed salad and a cooling sour cream or Ceasar style salad dressing.
Chefís Tip: When rubbing meats and chicken with spicy hot marinades, or handling fresh chillies, first rub some olive oil into your clean hands. Much easier then to wash away any lingering spicy smells and traces of hot chilli...