Fiery Salmon Rice Pelau!
Encona Texan Chilli BBQ Steak Sandwich
The best ever steak sandwich recipe (well, we think so anyway!). While just as delicious grilled, try barbecuing the Encona marinated steak for that added rich, smokey flavour.
|Preparation time||20 mins|
|Cooking time||5-10 mins|
- 4 sirlion steaks, approximately 1cm thick
- 3 tbsp Encona Texan Chilli BBQ Sauce
- 2 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half lenghways
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 large gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 2 baby gem lettuce, roughly torn
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 slices of Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Salt and milled black pepper
How to do it
- Pre-heat the barbecue or grill.
- Place the steaks onto a small plate, season with salt and pepper, then brush both sides with Encona Texan Chilli BBQ Sauce and set aside.
- To make the relish, mix the shallots, gherkin and chives in a bowl and leave to one side.
- Meanwhile, for the chilli BBQ mayonnaise, mix 1 tbsp of Encona Texan Chilli BBQ Sauce with 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- To make the sandwich, cook the steak on the hottest part of the barbecue or grill for 1-2 minutes either side. If you want to add cheese, place on the steak once you have turned it.
- Whilst the steaks are cooking, toast the ciabatta slices.
- Place the lettuce on the base of the toasted ciabatta, followed by the sliced tomato and then the steak (2 steaks per ciabatta). Spoon over the relish and spread over a spoonful of the chilli BBQ mayonnaise. Enjoy!