Chunky Chips with Spicy Jerk Ketchup!
Encona Thai Style Prawn and Rice Salad
A tangy and crunchy Oriental salad which is a true medley of flavour! A perfect side dish for meat and fish of serve as its own delicious starter course.
|Preparation time||30 mins|
|Cooking time||15 mins|
- 300g cooked Jasmine rice, chilled
- 250g cooked king prawns
- 200g cooked baby prawns
- 1 head of oriental cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red pepper, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 3 spring onions, finely shredded
- 5 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 handful of bean sprouts
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced into quarters
- 1 small handful of chopped basil, coriander and mint.
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp Encona Thai Chilli and Ginger Sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3/4 tbsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
How to do it
- In a large serving bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
- Add the prawns, oriental cabbage, red pepper and carrot to the dressing.
- Give the salad a good mix before adding the radish, spring onions, bean sprouts, Jasmine rice and herbs.
- Finish the salad by adding the sliced egg, some more of the dressing if desired and serve. Enjoy!