Encona Spicy Caribbean Vegetable Soup
Explore the taste of the Caribbean...
Encona Thai Chilli Garlic Chicken and Noodles
This aromatic and savoury noodle recipe is a spicy combination of rich flavours and exciting textures. Delicious on its own or as an accompaniment to meat and fish dishes.
|Preparation time||25 mins|
|Cooking time||30 mins|
- 4 200g lean chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp Encona Thai Chilli and Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 140g rice noodles or udon noodles
- 1 carrot, coarsely shredded
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely shredded
- 100g bean sprouts
- 100g chopped roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 small handful of torn basil & mint leaves
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Note: this recipe contains nuts. if you have a nut allergy please omit the nuts from the recipe.
How to do it
- Pre-heat your grill to 3/4 heat and line a grill tray with tinfoil.
- Place the Encona Thai Chilli and Garlic Sauce into a bowl, stir in the coriander, then add the chicken. Mix well and place onto the grill tray and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning half way through and brushing any left over sauce over the chicken.
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 6-7 minutes (uncovered) then drain.
- Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, caster sugar, fish sauce, light soy sauce and sesame oil until the caster sugar has dissolved.
- Now add the warm noodles, carrot, spring onions, red pepper, bean sprouts and herbs, tossing well to combine, then divide equally between four serving plates.
- Slice the chicken and arrange over the noodles. Finish with a scattering of peanuts. (optional) Enjoy!