Fiery Salmon Rice Pelau!
Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Crabcakes
Fragrant and tangy, these chilli crabcakes are absolutely delicious. Be sure to cook up several batches as these will undoubtedly prove very popular amongst family and friends!
|Preparation time||20 mins|
|Cooking time||4-5 mins|
- 2 120g tins of white crab meat, drained
- 1 80g tin of brown crab meat, drained
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 100g fine breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 5 tbsp Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and milled black pepper
Note: You will need a heavy based frying pan with approximately 1cm of groundnut oil for cooking the fish cakes.
How to do it
- In a large bowl, lightly break up the crab with a fork. Stir in th corn flour and breadcrumbs. Season with the salt and milled black pepper.
- Add the coriander, spring onions, lime juice, egg white and Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce and combine all the ingredients together, trying not to break the crab up too much.
- Divide the mixture into eight equal parts and shape into small patties.
- Dust a tray or plate with a little corn flour and place the crabcakes on.
- Chill the crabcakes in the fridge for 15 minutes to allow them to set slightly.
- Gently heat the grouondnut oil over a low to medium heat and cook the crabcakes for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally until golden and crisp.
- Drain the crabcakes on kitchen roll and serve whilst hot with a dipping bowl of Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce, lime wedges and fresh coriander. Enjoy!